Small garden solutions are the order of the day! If you love gardening, but your allotted space is small, don’t despair. There are ways to make that small garden seem like a little piece of paradise in spite of its size restraints. Check out these doable small garden solutions that work for every small space gardener.
Small Garden Solutions
- The number one thing to do in a small garden space is to create a view. Even if you don’t think that’s possible, it absolutely is. Arbors, pergolas, and privacy screens are a great way to create a view where there isn’t one. And if you don’t want to have an arbor or pergola, use small trees or shrubs to create the view you need.
- It might seem backwards, but if you break up a small garden space into zones, it will instantly appear bigger!
- Be sure to use one of those zones for an intimate seating area. A little spot where you can escape the stresses of the day not only looks inviting, it provides rest and relaxation that even gardeners need!
- Use bold colors to make a small yard or garden look bigger. The key is placement, but this is a solution that really works. Be sure to place the boldest, brightest flowers in the front of any garden bed or zone. Because they stand out, everything behind them tends to fade into the distance–making your small garden seem bigger than it is.
- Use vertical space to maximize what you have. Not only does it provide extra space for growing plants you need or love it also dresses up a plain wall and provides interest where there wasn’t any.
- Even if your backyard space is small, you still can and should create a destination spot. A good example is a fire pit people will want to enjoy, time after time.
- Create a lush feel for your small garden with large tropical foliage. The large leaves of tropical plants do a fantastic job of lending a bigger feel to a small space. And they are really cool!
These are just some of the easy small garden solutions anyone can do. Try them in your garden this year!