Plants bring life to the indoors and out for many reasons, and one great perk for some plants is their wonderful scent. Throw out the bottles of air freshener and bring in some natural goodness with these beauties:
1. Scented Geraniums are headlining our list of plants that smell heavenly. They come in a variety of fragrances and can be grown in small planters on the windowsill.
2. Jasmine flourishes in well-lit spots with plenty of humidity. Because of their vine-like attributes, they also grow well outdoors on trellises.
3. Sweet Bay grows best in plenty of light and humidity. It gives off an herbal scent and can be used to flavor soups.
4. Lavender is a sweet-scented herb that is easy to grow indoors, as long as it has light and warmth. Experts say to water only when very dry and do not fertilize. Lavender is definitely the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of plants that smell heavenly.
5. Rosemary, another sweet-scented herb, prefers well-drained soil and adequate air circulation (next to a window or doorway) to thrive indoors.
6. Pansy Orchids are gorgeous, easy to grow, and beautifully scented!
7. Gardenia smell incredible but are not for the faint-in-heart gardener. They require careful tending and grow best in areas with temperate winters, or transferred indoors.
8. Lilac Bushes smell heavenly and are fairly easy to maintain. Plant in the spring or fall in a spot with plenty of afternoon sun and well-drained soil.
9. Honeysuckle is a vine plant like jasmine, has a super sweet fragrance and beautiful blossoms.
10. Mint has a refreshing, unique smell from your typical sweet-smelling blossom. It is easy to grow indoors and can be used to make homemade tea.