If you dread all the leaf raking you have to do every fall, today’s post is for you! Today’s post will help all of us get the job done by sharing ideas to make leaf raking more fun. Does that sound like a challenge? Surprisingly it wasn’t that hard to find ideas. Get ready for some ways to turn raking leaves from a chore into a fun family activity.
Leaf Raking: How To Make it Fun
- Raking leaves is more fun when you change your mindset about it. Instead of thinking of it as a dreaded chore you hate doing, try thinking of it as way to get your exercise. But instead of being stuck in a gym, you get to workout outside in the crisp fall air!
- Kids have lots of energy to spare, so make it easier on everyone by getting the whole family involved. Four or five people can rake the leaves much faster than one or two!
- Allow for some fun with the leaves. Let the kids rake a pile for jumping into, as long as they promise to rake it back into a pile when they’re finished.
- Learn about leaves while you work. Teach the kids how to identify the different types of leaves you find. Tell them how and why leaves change colors and fall every autumn.
- Use the right tools and have plenty of rakes available for everyone. If you have back issues, use an ergonomic rake to make it easier.
- Bring an outdoor speaker and have a dance party while you work. Let the music set the rhythm and you might be surprised how much faster the job is done!
- Collect some of the prettiest leaves and take them inside for crafts. A fall leaf garland is a beautiful thing, and really easy to make!
- When it’s time to bag up all the leaves, turn it into a competition. If you have older kids or teenagers, this is a great incentive. My kids love to take turns laying on the bags to compress the leaves.
Here are some ideas to help you know what to do with all the leaves you rake up. Do you have any other ideas to make raking leaves more fun? Please share in the comments!