There’s nothing like trying to enjoy your patio while feeling the prying eyes of neighbors while you do. If you’ve ever felt that way, there’s an easy and attractive way to fight it. All you need are some fast-growing privacy plants! Fast-growing privacy plants establish a lovely “green screen” to filter out those prying eyes and make your patio ultimately more relaxing and enjoyable. Come along while I show you some wonderful options!
Why Use Fast-Growing Privacy Plants?
You could erect some walls around your patio, but where’s the fun in that? Personally, I’d feel trapped, but not everyone feels that way. Just know that there are some other ways to protect your privacy that don’t include plants or solid walls. You can check them out here.
Fast-growing privacy plants give you a pretty, earth-friendly way to protect your privacy without dragging out a hammer and nails.
How To Use Fast-Growing Privacy Plants
Take a look at your patio space, and envision how you want your privacy protected. Do you want privacy for the patio only, or for more of your backyard space as well? Do you want tall plants to screen the view of your patio, or a thick hedge or trees to completely block it? Privacy plants can be potted in large containers, or planted directly into the ground. Think about what you ultimately want out of your privacy plants before you buy them.
Types Of Fast-Growing Privacy Plants
- Bamboo makes a fantastic privacy screen. There are several different varieties of bamboo, and some can be invasive, although most can survive in any type of conditions. If you plant bamboo in full sun, it will grow incredibly fast.
- Arborvitae grows several feet per year, making it one of the fastest growing privacy plants. Also, you can plant arborvitae in tight spaces with no problems.
- Cypress is another privacy plant that grows tall and narrow, so several together form an effective privacy screen.
- To cover a fence, use a vine like clematis. It will quickly grow over the fence and give you beauty and privacy in one!
- Viburnum is a small-leafed evergreen that grows tall enough to form a lush green privacy screen for your patio or yard.
- Another flowering option in fast-growing privacy plants is the climbing rose. They do thin out during the winter months, so if you’re looking for a spring and summer privacy screen, this is a lovely option. Especially if you love roses like I do!
These are just some of the fast-growing privacy plants that quickly provide a green screen for your patio. Check with your local garden shop for more options.